Monday, October 01, 2007

Going through

Wow, it’s October now and a couple of weeks left for Ramadhan. Time runs just so fast. Things in Leicester have been great. Though a tad exhausting, I’m still finding my feet. Lectures started this morning but since we’d gone through the orientation pretty well last week, we were not that unprepared. My group mates are cool. I haven’t get along with them that fine yet but they always put me in comfort, no matter what topic they’re discussing about. Well, of course things like drinking, clubbing and all are expected but I’m coping with it all right.

I’m not sure what I should write here, really. It’s just a new set of people around, new environment, new course, new experience and whatnot. Leicester is small town but accommodates quite a big number of people. It just gets very crowded when you go to the town during weekend and I found that quite loathsome. It’s a nice place for studying but you might want to get out of this place if you want more happening and cheerful environment. I might be biased but I think Manchester treats me better and I’m missing every bit of it.

Living here means being homesick for every second of your life. The first day I stepped my feet in the UK, everything reminds me of home, from the 13-hour journey to the smell of the wind. Having @SD@ nearby, walking down the road, listening to Will Y0ung’s song being aired doesn’t quite help. I’m missing home so much. But I’m proud to say that I haven’t wept ever since I came here so that’s a good achievement for me. Hahaha.. well, I did cry at the airport [Duh!] but things got calmer and I am chilled out now [not by the wind, of course!]. I think Allah materializes my wish for being strong to be apart from family because I just thought everything would be worse but it turned out just cool. Harapnye bekekalan la kan. Heh.. But Mum’s coming here this winter, insyaAllah dengan @nid n Ic@h so hopefully that would keep me strong for at least another 2-3 months. I’m having my one month winter break and so does Lupi so harapnye dpt la pegi Cork yg kononnye cantik tu.

Hmm.. well, I actually don’t have anything much in mind. Ic@h is sitting for her PMR this week. @nid is still frustrating with her trial results. The moment I got her sms, telling me her results, I wanted to give her a call immediately but I had not gotten any simcard then so I couldn’t. She got straight A’s but with only 7A1’s. To me that’s good enough. But of course it was devastating for her because first, she thinks if I could get straight A1’s for my trial, why can’t she? And second, she wanted to haunt for any express offer available but obviously she might get rejected straight away with such results. Well I really don’t know actually.

I had a thought over it and what came to my mind was, it’s not the capacity of your brain or how much knowledge you have in heart that helps you to get through but the beliefs you keep in your soul that counts the most. At least that is what I keep my strong grasp on all this while and if that seems to work then my theory might just be right. Being in my current position now might be the dream of many other people out there. Of course it is. It has been my dream as well. But never in a million year have I ever thought that everything I achieve today is all due to my struggle and pain. It’s not that I don’t believe in myself but I’d rather believe in HIM more. And you just won’t feel any happier than that. He knows what’s best for you and all you must do is work hard, keep on praying and never give up. I’ve talked about this banyak kali dah but sometimes we might just overlook it and when we didn’t get what we want, we’d pin other people/things.

Anyhow, I’m not intending to give any lecture whatsoever, just a little thought we could ponder upon.

Bilik tengah bersepah gile. Heh.. So I think I’d stop now. I’ll try to keep this bloggy updated as frequent as possible [I don’t know why people keep on checking this bloggy. It’s soo boringggg] and to all my girlfriends/boyfriends in other parts of the globe, do keep in touch!~ Marila bercuti ke Leicester, ade banyak restoran halal yg sangat sedap. Heeee :D So take care people! And do appreciate the remaining days of Ramadhan :) Salam~

No matter how hard the wind blows, no matter how scoching the sun is, no matter how cold the soil you stand on, it's HIM, the possessor of all strength upon which we should rely. To Nadhrah n Icah, good luck and all the best :) Miss you guys so much :(

No comments: