Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Never Ending Journey

It has been a long time. I’m not really in the mood to blog anything but I don’t think I would ever feel good to write in these few days so this is the only period I have, before I change myself into 'someone else'.

Anyways, this is my programme for the past one week.

THUR to SAT – Penang Trip


We flew to Penang at noon and we stayed at N@zi’s for two nights. Luckily @imi could drive a stick so she saved the days. For the first day, we browsed around the town; dropped by the komtar and Prangin Mall. On Friday, we went to Penang Hill; spent about 3 hours up there – I got my left palm hennaed which was supposed to last for two weeks but has already worn off. Huhu.. And we went to Taman Burung at a very low entrance fee. Thanx to the pakcik yang sgt kewl :). After that, we went to Gurney Plaza for lunch at D0min0’s Pizza and window-shopped. By late evening, @imi drove us to one of the beaches and we walked around, playing with the starfish [Hehe..] and that was it. On Saturday morning, we went to Botanical Garden with N@zi’s mama for a morning walk and it was knackering I tell you. Dah la dah lame tak jogging, semput gak ah. But the weather was nice and windy so it wasn’t that bad. Then we had our breakfast at Restoran Khaleel before we packed our stuff for the next trip to Kedah. I was glad to feel the warmth of N@zi’s family especially with the presence of Ehsan :)

SAT to MON – Kedah Trip

We took our ferry to Butterworth sometime around 230pm and continued our journey by bus to Alor Star and we reached @imi’s auntie’s house around 5pm. We then went to the new so-called shopping complex to buy some snacks. Then we had our dinner at a restaurant in which later was joined by Abu, Che Nor and @iman m@lik. On Sunday, we pulled off to Abu’s house by cab at noon to borrow his car, and then @imi drove us to MRSM Kub@ng P@su to meet P@k H@ssan, p@K Yus, Ckgu S@nu$i and ckgu R@himY. Since the students have not registered yet until Feb, so the teachers killed the time by doing nothing and play badminton. Then we had a free lunch which was on Ckgu S@nu$i before we wandered around Pacific Mall. By late evening, we dropped by P@k Yus’ house to meet his macho-and-cumel sons and daughter and we chatted till maghrib. Then we dropped by P@K H@$san’s bujang house [coz ckgu lin was in Besut with the kids], chatted and laughed while drinking 3in1 milo and crackers. Around 830pm, we went back to Abu’s house and his dad then sent us back to@imi’s auntie’s house. On Monday, we pulled of early in the morning and had breakfast before we called for a cab to Jeti.

MON to WED – Langkawi Trip



From Jeti Kuala Kedah we took a ferry at 1030am and reached Langkawi by noon. As we reached there, we rented a car and I drove straight to Maktab. Met some teachers before we checked in the apartment. Ckgu H@riza belanja-ed us lunch before we went to L@ngk@wi fair which was one of the places that we used to go during outing back then. At 830pm, we were asked to give some motivational advice to the f5 students and it lasted for one hour before we went out again with Ckgu H@riza for our dinner at EE Burger. The next day, we met some other teachers and had free lunch again with Ckgu H@$him. After Zuhur, we drove straight to Pantai Chen@ng and had fun by the beach. We rode the banana boat sampai tegolek2 dalam tengah2 laut and then we went to Berjaya Hotel’s beach, played volley for fun, took some photos and went back to Maktab. At night, we had free dinner again at Ckgu W@hid@’s house and after that, had a supper and chatted at P@k Syed’s house [memang makan free je la sbb cikgu2 nak blanje!!]. The next day, we had free breakfast with Ckgu @p@ndi before we pulled off to the airport around 10am. At the airport, we met @imran in his pilot suit. Hah! Finally! We reachd KL around 1pm.

So, that was it. One week has gone and tomorrow I’ll be going back to college for a camp on Saturday and only to find that classes will be on Tuesday. It was more than just fun. I had a whale of a time in Penang, Kedah and Langkawi. At first, I wasn’t really looking for to the trip because all I had in mind then was college stuff: B@ngsaw@n, classes and tests, mock exams, interviews etc. But once I saw izy, @imi and syir@, I knew I wouldn’t regret for that moment.

Maktab has changed a lot since I left the school. Although maktab is doing great now [they won tunas saintis peringkt kebangsaan and both individual and group categories were qualified to compete in Australia and Mexico], more and more teachers are moving out to other mrsms and seeing maktab without all those teachers, the place seemed incomplete and would never be complete anymore. I couldn’t help myself as usual but feeling sentimental and the melancholy was just too overwhelming. I knew deep down I could hear a weep but I tried to keep it invisible because I knew it wouldn’t change anything.

The realm of being in the ‘past’ was undescribable. Laughing with the teachers, chatting and talking nonsense made me feel contented and nothing in this world mattered but the time we had back then, spending time together as a family. I always knew that in this entire world, I had never wanted to spend that two years in other places but MR$M L@ngkawi. Sometimes I wish the people in college were as special as those in my school but I knew at the end of the day, they are special in their own way. All I have now is just pictures of my beloved ones engraved in heart; waiting for the unlikely time to fade away.

“Izy@n semua tu balik Australia bila? Kamu bila nak fly uk? Lain kali suruh diaorang balik bawa la kangaru sekor dua. Boleh buat pet. Ok, selamat belajar! Kalau jumpa yang lain kirim salam saya dan cikgu jitra ok. Jumpa lagi lain kali”- P@k Yus, cikgu yg paling sempoi yg pernah aku jumpa. He’s really one in a trillion.

Just now, @d@m rang me up to inform that new students will be enrolling next week and the housecaptains will be expecting to be in charge of the weekend’s programme. I tried to be positive but somehow, it didn’t last too long. Tomorrow, my last semester will be starting. I don’t know and don’t want to expect how horrible it would be but there’s only one thing that I want to materialize: I want to prove myself, my family, my close friends and my teachers right that no matter where I go, no matter whom I live with, no matter how tough the obstacles are, I would make them proud and let them know that all this while, the effort that they have put in my journey is worth a million expactations and would never be frittered away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

deyna!!!!
uhuhuh... fil ponn sedey jugak since most of d teachers r leaving for other mrsm la... eyh, sir anuar n teacher marwati da kluar from mktb ke???

deynarashid said...

yep, they are now in merbok skali dengan ustad rom. sedey kan :(