Thursday, August 25, 2005

Gem, the only person who calls me Nurdina! So long, pal!

An old adage goes, "Setiap pertemuan, pasti akan ada perpisahan" and you can't imagine how true it is until you confront it yourself. And by that moment, you can't do or change anything but just pray for the best for your beloved ones.

Another day has passed by.. and that day has ended with the most beautiful thing you can ever imagine of. Maybe it does not illustrate the true meaning of friendship, but sending off one of your best pals to a place that you won't get by in a blink of eyes (unless you befriended with Doraemon or such. Heh.. Ok ok, be serious..), you will definitely feel the lost. And yea, now I'm starting to miss Gem. T_T *weeps*

I'm not sure if we both have ever gone through something meanigful all this while, but being a friend of Gem is something that one would never be remorsed for. Yet, it would be something to be engraved in mind. Perhaps forever.

I've known him during my school years back then in Langkawi. We were not that close (as ever being myself, I'm a shy person. Really.. Heh..) until a year passed by and I was chosen to be his Maths tutor, working hard on it together with another few guys. Or shall I list down the names? Ok, no need.

Somehow, I had always dreaded for Maths tutorial. You know why? Because the guys never looked for me and asked for anything but I had to chase for them instead and gave all the question papers and mark schemes! And took care for all those four guys??! (Yea, Gem was included. Heh..) I mean, what was up with that?? That was absolute ridiculous. And it should not work that way. But yea, trying to be a responsible tutor (ehem..), I really wanted to see them ace not just particularly for Maths but all of it. That was when Gem and I become a tad close. At the end of the day, they succeed and got more than they expected. And of course, they got the best for Maths and deep down inside, I really felt happy for them. Albeit my part was just like 5% (just like Aiman said. Uh, I know I know..), I was happy to see them happy.

And as time flew hastily, we become closer. 'Closer' here does not mean we share every single thing but in terms of getting to know each other. You know, since we were on a very very long holiday (7 months perhaps? Uh, that was the longest holiday ever! But yea, I'm missing every bits and pieces of it T_T *weeps*), we often chatted over MSN, met at the KRU when he went "Dina, aku nampak kete BM ko!" or I went "Gem, aku curik WKR 72", got picked up by a new S-Class when I asked him, "Gem, naik bukit!! Aku malas nak turun!" and he went "Belen hang! Aku tak geti naik bukit!" and so on and so forth. I know, they were not as sweet as cherries but they somehow have something that got locked me by.

As of one day, when I knew that he got the same interest as anid (talking about business), I told anid about Gem. And she replied "Dina, ko slalu dpt kawan mcm tu! Mane aci!" and they started to talk about business eversince. Yes, anid and Gem become friends. Can you believe that?? And he kept addressing me as 'akak anid'! Saba je laa.. We often talk about business books that we read. RDPD to be exact.

He once told me that he does not have a best friend. Because he simply appreciates and treats everyone equally. And that is so true. He never be 'pilih kasih' or being a chauvinistic plague or something. He really deserves more than what he gets. The day I knew that he'll be going to Holland to further his studies in International Business and Management Studies (IBMS), I always knew that Gem will someday be a successful businessman as he always wished for. And when he has built up an enormous empire, that would be the day when I be the proudest person ever. Because I know, “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision” –Peter Drucker.

All the best, Gem! We're gonna miss ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u remind me of the bros!! 'adik2, jangan nakal2. blaja elok2 nnt boleh ikut abang' arrgh..miss em!!!! wawawa..-sya

deynarashid said...

i duno why but i often lost my will to recall that day. n now the floodgate is holding back so hard. syaaaa!!!! u really are to be blamed! :'(

Anonymous said...

aku rasa aku pernah tgk muke gem tu. die budak bangi jugak kan?

deynarashid said...

ko sume muke pnh tgk. heh.. yep, dk bangi duk fasa 3