Monday, November 28, 2005

you're the shooting star =)

When we first met, I’d never thought that we would be very close; she is the one whom I respect very much, the one who will always be there for me when I need her the most, the one who cares and concerns about me, the one who will notice my letdown, the one who always helps me in studies, the one who will always feel free to lend her hand in any way possible, the one who will share everything with me, the only one who says the cute phrase “kite takkan gadoh pasal laki kan dina?”, the one with a noble heart who will always understand me, the one whom I can depend on, the one who would open my locker and say “ya allah locker mcm tongkang pecah!!”, the one whom I would run to whenever huda looked for me “dina!! Sapu sampah kat bilik tu!!”, the one whom I would ask “Izy, teman pegi toilet!!” to during prep times, the one who will laugh with me even if she is forced to, the one who always stands beside me and keeps supporting me, the one who will bring me out when I feel like I am a total failure, and she was the reason why I cried at the airport, after our spm results retrieval day.

One year ago, I experienced a moment that I will never possibly forget. It happened during my sweet years in Langkawi. It was one of the finest nights ever when I was nightwalking with Izyan, a very good friend of mine. Spending the last few nights together with her was remarkably unforgettable. While we were walking and chatting, all alone in the dark night, there was a sudden flash of light in the night sky. We were stunned. Astonished. Taken aback. It was the most beautiful thing we had ever seen. It was a shooting star.

Since then, I always remember that day and will never ever put it out of my mind. I’m sure Izy feels the same thing too. Heh.. She has just finished her AUSMAT and InsyaAllah will be flying to Australia to read medicine next February. I don’t dare think how much I will miss her once she’s away. I could never get a friend like her, could I? Well, she’s the most beautiful thing ever happened to me and I won’t forget a person like her. Remember this? It was her birthday =)

To Izy, my best friend, I’m telling the whole world now that you’re the shooting star!! I’ve always believed in myself that you’re the best and always be the best. I’m so proud of you =) And I’m gonna miss every bits we spent together. Thanx for everything!!

You are a shooting star in the midnight sky. The glimmer of the whole sky.

You dream, you think, you wait for the right time, then you, a single star go into the night sky for the world to see.


As you travel across the sky, you leave the hint of your presence behind. You are the shooting star in the eye of the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice words dina. i wish i was the star. layak ke? huehue... -arisya-

deynarashid said...

thanx. tak layak kot sya. haha

Anonymous said...

beutiful! menyayat hati..menyentuh kalbu... may your friendhip with izyan live for eternity...