Friday, July 01, 2005

That's all I could give..

My Dearest,

I'm writing this because I know, I know you know that I can't flow it away right to your face. I know you know that I don't have the guts to tell you the truth. I know you know that I ramble the worse. I always know that you know everything, be it good or bad, sweet or bitter, but you always understand.

The first time I met you, I made a very bad hunch. I thought you were the hideous person on earth for looking for the fame at our very first day that I had misunderstood. People started to talk about you and all I did was watching over you from afar and jealousy had stemmed in me. I then realized that I had made a wrong guess. You were not whom I thought you were. And I then grew my own intention to get close to you.

Then time flew, and we got to know each other. It was neither the respect nor the admiration people had on you that attracted me but it was your genuine beauty and natural grace within yourself that caught my eyes. Although people had not stopped talking the goodness in you, I finally defeated the feelings of jealousy in me. Instead, I pray to God for Him to bless you through all the years and let you filled with perfection.

You were not the one whom I would turn to when I fell down. Your shoulders was not what I looked for when I needed something to cry on. Your advice was not what I seeked for when I had a strong sense of inferiority. But someway, you were the only who were willing to share everything with me. Who had helped me in any way you could. Who had given me the strength for me to keep going on this life. You were the only one who knew what lies in me. Who knew the true passion that occupies me. And always got my drift when nobody did.

The moments we spent together was over. This unfair world had disentangled the unity we built. We were forced to go on our own way. There was no use for me to weep over the gap between us but the floodgate had always earned the power to be opened. I was hopeless, helpless. I needed you, but you were not here. I missed you, but you were miles away.

But now, I know I have to regain the power, the spirit and the strength that you had given me long ago. I have no will to turn back the time. I want to always be beside you so that I know you go on the right way, I really do. But perhaps God has somebody else for me. No matter what way I go, which path I choose, we will never be at the same place again. If one day you find somebody better than me, which you already did just remember that what I gave to you is the best of what I have and what I am to you is the best that I can only be.

There are years lost behind us full of words we never spoke,
And now we have our separate lives and less time to share together,
But in my heart I've always felt the love we have,
And neither time nor distance can take away the bond we forged as one,
Growing up, we played and fought, talked and laughed,
Beyond the fun and games, beyond the battles we waged,
We found in each other unending support and a life long friend,
Through thick and thin and difficult times,
We emerged together as one protecting each other from the world.
I knew if either of us ever need anything,
We can count on the other and give our all and help in every way possible.
Perhaps words are not always necessary in our relationship,
Because we both know what is there,
But today, I wanna take the time to remind you how much I really care,
And thank you for all that you have been to me,
I could never ask for, want or need a better friend,
Because I have the best in you.
And will always do.
--xxx--Love you, Dina--xxx--

12 comments:

Irzan said...

VERY VERY NICE ENTRY. Bravo. I am so touched. :)

I hope I could write like you ... seriously ....

Irzan said...

And why when I commented on your tagboard I always get a zero-sized reply feedback!???

deynarashid said...

thanx mirul =) dont be.you could write way better than that.i noe it.heh..

0-sized reply feedback? wut do u mean? why dont u make a 2nd attempt.lets see if it works ;p

Anonymous said...

one thing in my head:who's your dearest?confirm bukan aku.wakaka!

nice words.macam sedih je bunyik -hana

Ai said...

ironic...

is this,,, deyna?

^_^

Let the past fade out, let the future take place, let the present lead the way…~

deynarashid said...

hana-lor..does it need to be specific? come on..think positive!

ai-cet..perli nampak? this comes without any meaning ok! well, i mean it,all the words but im pointing it to nobody! and if i do,that means i still do have feelings.ok x?heh..

Anonymous said...

aku terharu gile baca poem tu.
love you too, azrai

Ai said...

heh, the first moment u wrote the word "dearest", we all know there's someone there.

ah so sorry, forgot to mention that.
= I'll second azrai.

deynarashid said...

argghh...roy!!awatlaa hang tulis lagu tuuu.kang si ai ni plak tersalah tapsir.hehe..oow,aku simpan lagi bende alah tu.isk..sangat sedih *sobb sob*

ok ok ai.u win u win..but doest mean i lose!!n ure the 2nd azrai?hmmm..lets seeeeeeeee

Ai said...

no no, i'm not azrai second.. heck, i dun even know who he is.

what i mean is,
" aku terharu gile baca poem tu."

adeih...

deynarashid said...

ooooowww..ok,now i see.hehe..

yes,the poem..very full of thoughtfulness.i love it

Anonymous said...

bagus..frasa - frasa yang digunakan amat sedap..sesedap puisi - puisi lama...