Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Way Out..

"Aries
March 20 - April 18
There is a slow, lethargic pace to the day that might leave you feeling a bit frustrated, dear Aries. It may seem as if situations are not progressing as fast as you would like. Don't get seduced by the thought that everything needs to be done faster. Faster is not necessarily better. Today is a great time to focus on quality and efficiency of movement. Examine parts of your life that may be considered wasteful action. Streamlining certain areas of your daily routine may be necessary."

Things have been slow, lethargic and very frustrated. I stayed up for the whole week, exhausting my brain and leaving an extremely sluggish body behind before heading to classes, only to receive a very disappointing outcome. The IAW has already been initiated and various interhouse competitions are coming up and needless to say, nasyid is one of them. Last year, we won 2nd, the first runner up after Sapphire. But seeing how awful the junior performed during rehearsal last night, I’m not expecting to get even the 2nd runner up.

Sometimes I do feel like giving up and just let the juniors do whatever they like and let them depend on themselves but thinking of d0d0e whom had never given up on us back then, always trying her best as a housecapt. and always kept her patience at a high level, I know it’s her role played that kept everything on pace and on track. But yea, unfortunately, I’m not d0doe and I give up easily. I’d never been this knackered before that I had to skip several classes. Tak pernah dalam sejarah aku ponteng kelas sebab penat and banyak kerja tak siap. I know I’m not the busiest person ever [because that could only be the Prophet p.b.u.h] but the thought of ‘if only I have 25 hours a day’ keep hitting me. And to be honest, my relationship with Him is somewhat tempered and I do feel lost at times. I don’t know…

Perhaps, singing is just not their vocation. I know they’ve been trying so hard and they even sacrifice their time every night. But things did not come about like what we planned. At the end, I have to ask the seniors to replace a few of the juniors [because they really can’t sing] and yea, I have to be in and play for the percussion only for the intro. I actually don’t mind to be in, but asking the juniors to quit is not simple. I mean, they’ve been practicing like hell and suddenly they have to be eliminated, that’s saddening really. Even one of them cried. Huhu rase bersalah gile. But I really don’t have other choice. I don’t want at the end of the day, people come over me and say, “Ape ni dina, diam0nd punye nasyid gile bosan..” If I’m not the housecapt. I think I won’t feel offended by the comment but since I’m one of those who in charge, and since we’ve gone this far, of course I want to give the best. And I don’t want to disappoint dod0e and the gang even though I know they would not mind because they would understand our situation. But as her apprentice and still a novice, I do feel responsible to make sure diam0nd performs their best.

And what really touched me was an@s’ sms. He once told sar@h jokingly that our nasyid team will not gonna make it because it horribly sounds unpleasant. But since he proved us right, sar@h sms-ed him and told him, yea, diam0nd would not gonna make it. And his reply made me more bersemangat and made me believe that it’s not gonna be that bad and I definitely cannot give up. He wrote to sar@h:

“Apsal cakap mcm tu? Tell her, not matter what, it’s important that she tried.. Not everyone can sing.. The amount of time was also limited.. Tell her, no matter what, I’ll support her.. Tell her, win or lose, I’m very proud to be a diamonder and having her as my senior.. She is way better than where I stand..”

Agak la terharu sebenarnye.. *sob sob* You just can see that house spirit between us is quite strong. And yea, that is what strengthens our bond that we just forged. I’m getting more close to my junior now, that’s more important. I don’t know.. I just hope Diam0nd will do well tomorrow, insyaAllah..

No comments: