Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The ignorant world

I have just finished up my English assignment, an essay on something about the development of poorer nations. It brought me to the world issue that has been haunting the global society [especially the muslims] this lately, about prevalent war in Middle East especially in Palastine, which has been historical concern since over the past centuries. I wonder how cruel the world has become. Not just those laknat yahudi over there, but us ourselves. Talking about muslims and brotherhood that is.

I’m not pointing out to any party but what has centered our attention by lately is something that is totally out of the line. We concern more about celebrity’s marriage [don’t ask me who] and celebrity’s problematic relationship with his or her fiancĂ©. I mean, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? Do they really need to broadcast all those affairs? Do people know how suffer the palestenians and lubnans are in their own land? Do they bother to know? I bet they don’t. No offence to any party yea but I’m just wondering why people nowadays are too obsessed with something that gives them nothing and don’t even bother to at least know what is happening around the globe. Giving financial aid to those suffering people are better than sponsoring a wedding event. 1 million people!! What’s the point of backing up the millionaires when thousands of people dying in other part of the world? I just don’t get it!! Am I making any sense or am I not?

I came across a blog of my friend’s. She wrote something about her concern and feel sorry for those kids in Palestine and Lubnan for living in such a world. They have never asked for it but that is what the world is giving them, poverty and death. I’m not intending to judge her by any mean but I wonder if she has ever tried anything to help the kids in any way. An organization in college had conducted a fund raising before and I myself was about to donate, standing besides her. Quite surprisingly, she said to another friend, “Aku tengah kumpul duit nak beli beg baru arr..”. Excuse me? Ok, that is one. Another thing, she did not even attend any talk regarding those issues. She doesn’t deserve to feel sorry when she knows nothing about the issues. Bet words will always remain as words right?

I’ve experienced myself with one of my expatriate teachers in college on how he insisted that Israel is doing the right thing. I think the whole class was in a shock stage when he asked us “How many of you don’t agree with Israel’s action and justify.” Nobody answered at first. Bajet ah…siape berani. Until one of my classmates stood up and gave her opinion, then the whole class started to voice out. You know what my teacher said? “The Israeli is trying to back themselves up. They want to establish their own region and I don’t see anything wrong with that. And that is why they need to make an approach with all those armies.”. I mean….. HELLLLLOOO????? Taking other people’s land for their own sake? That’s bullshit! Who are they to halau orang2 palestine from their own land???? What rights do they have to do that??? That does not make any sense at all!! But to western people, that does make sense. After the class ended, my teacher told my friend, “You better find an Israeli friend then you will know how to be more flexible over this thing.” All in all, I was very impressed with her for having the guts to go against our teacher but deep down, I hated myself for not. That really shows how terrified and fearful we are [or I am] to back up our own religion.

And seeing orang islam kat Malaysia sendiri, we are being injustice without our knowledge. We keep being ignorant yet keep on insisting that we are not. How pathetic is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to me, it's unfair for your friend to be judged that way. you never know what she's been trying or doing all this while. few seconds of that doesnt tell you much of how sincere her feeling is. but whatever it is, i second you. we're too distracted by other people's affair and never had initiatives to know what is happening to our own brothers and sisters.

deynarashid said...

errmm yea.. i sense truth in your words.. perhaps im being too judgmental.. my fault for condemning her that way.. thanx for the comment nway. nice said..