Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Of being immature

You know people delineate adulthood when they reach 21. The 21st birthday usually marks the end of adolescence and the beginning of maturity. Well, I’m not sure if 21 alone defines maturity or adulthood because from what I observed, not all 21 year old persons could stand on their own two feet by this age and still depend on other people. But anyway, I just realized that this month is the 21st month of my blogging life. Well, there’s actually no significance, I know. Heh..

So, I started blogging since last year and I never thought this blog could last this long. That’s an achievement, to me, at least. I know I know… nobody couldn’t be bothered by this run-of-the-mill thingy but I actually gained a lot from what I wrote and also from the feedbacks I received from people. It had been somewhat convivial for the first year and I enjoyed getting continuous comment from people. I really took pleasure in it. And then things started to be quite unpleasant for me because there were people who are very close to me read my blog surreptitiously.

Well, I didn’t want to be soo fussy about this you see but when Mum started to ask weird question which I doubt she could never find it out about and she said “Oh.. so-and-so told me..”, so rase macam takde privacy la kan. The average hit per day was what..30+ hits?! Siapelaa yg rajin sgt nak bace my blog ni kan.. So, I decided to have a pause for about 3 weeks. Not that I terminated everything but I changed the url. I did blog at that period of time but the feelings were not as usual. Things get boring because I know nobody read it and nobody would comment on it and I felt like a schizophrenic talking to myself.

So, I started to tell a few of my friends like izy, thirah, sarah, abg lan and afar about my new url and now the last person to know is pam sebab baru bgtau. Uncle saiful takyah bgtau sebab I know he would definitely find it out by himself. And then, syira reached here through mirul’s and other ‘silent readers’ from other planets. I didn’t even tell roy, im and sya about this because well, for my own personal reasons but that’s how I keep things up. I tried as hard as possible to avoid people from reaching this blog [for my own personal reasons as well.. maybe I need more privacy which I know sounds stupid because everyone can reach anywhere through internet right?] by using names with symbols. But that doesn’t quite work apparently. I never have any idea why people like to google or yahoo people’s name. What, you hope it to appear in wikipedia? Oh, it’s not just people’s names, stupid things as well.

But anyways, day-by-day, my darling beloved statcounter detected frequent anonymous visits from aussie especially. I know it’s not izy or syira because their ip addresses were saved. But tak kisah la kan.. it doesn’t cause any harm to me pon [though I’d prefer if the person drop me a message or two]. And then macam2 laa ragam manusia yg akhirnye berjaya sampai ke alam maya ni termasukla orang gilos. Tapi tak kisah jugak laa sebab malas nak layan. And then.. the last few days, somebody googled someone’s name [a name of a person who used to be in my college but no longer..no, not him..]. I actually hoped that nobody would search that name but well, ironically it happens so takpe la kan. But… the thing is.. that particular person actually bookmarked this page. How did I know? Well, being an avid ‘silent reader’ of other blogs, I can tell. But I might be wrong..

Hmm.. Aussie + the name + bookmark = I think I know who the person is. Not that I ‘know’ the person as in I’ve met her [her? Ooops!] before but… ade laa. I’m expecting someone from UK, particularly leeds pulak lepasni [if you’ve read my previous2 post, then you would know what I’m talking about].

Kecoh ar dina!!! Well, say whatever you like. Maybe it’s my fault for being absurdly particular about this. Or, is it not?

Maybe it's just me who are not yet grown up and not matured enough. Well, I'm just 19 ;) Two years to go!

1 comment:

deynarashid said...

eh silap! 22nd month! haha dina nyanyok