Saturday, April 26, 2008

Press The Button.

“I have always been this prejudiced against the medical students. In case you wonderful students of medicine are starting to lose your temper on me, i suggest you to calm down and finish reading the whole article. You are taught to read lengthy documents and journals after all.”

I almost got crazy just now.

It has been months since I last talked to MN. After we had some series of rifts, I suddenly got this sudden urge to say hello and just to make sure that he’s mentally balanced, after all those nasty difficulties he had to go through. And I happened to stumble upon his recent blog entries. I know he likes to narrate. I know he has quite good English to communicate by. And I know he has been very keen to read medicine but only to find himself being stuck in an engineering course without interest. But I have never known that he had had THE history he never ever once told me.

And so I read a few sentences of the first episode of his history. And I almost got crazy. You know why? Because I have tonnes of stuff to read and revise. I have some essays to be submitted. I have a slide presentation on my people and disease module to prepare. And if I were to sacrifice my time for reading through his entries, I would rather ask someone to drill a hole in my skull and let those malicious bugs out of my head..

Anti-climax tak? Like.. whatever!

But despite all those anticlimactic yet sturdy pretexts, I have to admit that he’s been quite mentally balanced now. He’s back to his normal life. He’s back into the society. He’s back to his friends. And that’s just good to know.

“Hidup kita ni mcm movie kan. setiap manusia yg kita encounter dalam kehidupan ni masing2 ada role (watak) dia tersendri. bila Allah (the director of the movie) kata role orang tu dah habis, He will remove the watak from the movie, by whichever way He wants. boleh jadik orang tu masuk balik dalam movie tu sbb role dia sebenarnya belum habis lagi. selagi orang tu (atau kita sendiri) belum mati, APA-APA je boleh berlaku. We never know.”

That’s what I told T in my email, replying hers. No, we didn’t talk about MN in the emails. We talked about something bigger and utterly crazier. But anyhow, MN came back into the scene; my movie. I’m not sure for how long or for what reason but I’m sure his role is not over just yet. I won’t press the ‘fastforward’ button to see how the ending would be but instead, I will let the seek bar on the player move as fast or as slow as the time ticks.
But for now, I just need to press the ‘pause’ button and get onto the bed. And sleep.

No comments: