Sunday, July 17, 2005

I'm beholden to..EVERYTHING

..this is what life is all about..

People may not see nor tell what would happen in the future but with all I care, everything that happens will definitely come along with reasons. Purposely, or unpurposely. Some may think that the reasons are fair enough as they know, and believe that those are the things that make this life more beautiful. But some may also think that life will never seem good enough. (Exactly.I don't know what I'm rambling about)

Anyways, it has been a few days of my college life. The induction week is taking place this one whole week, started the day I registered and will be ended next Wednesday. No need to count the days, the activities for only one day are enough to show how pack the programme is. Despite how lethargic and knackering we are, the activities, frankly speaking, are really enjoyable and engrossing.

Actually, during the registration day, the MARA scholars (all ten of us) had a briefing with our sponsor and that was when En. Khaizan, the MARA officer who is incharge with K-wai-U3Mians sent shock waves across the meeting room. Well, personally, I do think that all of us, the MARA scholars got shall we call priority (?) to go to UK since we're doing A-levels and the college admin itself will be helping the students fill up the UCAS form but it turned out surprising when En.Khaizan said they won't be sending any of us, even our seniors at K-wai-U3M to UK but to Australia and New Zealand instead. I was like ""WHAT???!!" but then again, everything is under the MARA authority so yea, we are the innocent dupes.

So due to that, we were on horns of dilemma in choosing the combination of sucjects for the A-levels. Most of us were planning to take Bio, Chem, and Maths as the A2 subjects and one art subject as the AS subject but then the Melbourne and Tasmania university would require Physics as A2 subject. So we might include Physics as the A2 subjects which we really were not pleased with it. The thing is we don't want to put too much burden on us because of this, the lesser subject the better but then, we don't have any choice. But after Ms. Kasthuri explained a bit about that thing, I myself may want to drop Physics. So after all, I won't be applying for both Aussie U's stated above. Just got to pray hard that MARA will change their mind.

Anyway, for starting the induction week, we had the ice breaking session whereby all of us were divided into groups and got to know each one of us. And the next day, we had English Placement Test conducted by Mr. Cramwell, which I dare say it was quite hard to get my mind round such complex issues. Well of course, Mr C said "this is not the test you need to stress yourself out for, it's as simple as you can ever imagine of!" but it turned out..well, quite tough though. The tripple one nine is MUCH MUCH easier (DUH!).

And then we had the academic briefing whereby all the HoDs talked about their respective subjects. And then we'd been told about the University requirements, time tabling, session with the headmaster and what not. If in Langkawi it is called as 'homeroom', here in k-wai-u3m we call it 'house tutorial' and Mrs. Cherry B is my tutor. My tutorialmates are all fine and kewl, so should be ok.

One nice thing about this college is, the bonds of friendship and love between the students are very touching and emotive. The seniors treat us the best way one would ever think of and they really make me feel belonging and glad to be here. How I wish to turn back time during my years in Langkawi and had the seniors like I do here in k-wai-u3m. And of course, I'm very glad to be one of the Diamonders =)

So far, everything here is impeccably fine. The accomodation (yep,i'm typing this in my chalet while waiting for my dinner time with cool air breezing around.heh..), the food (back then in langkawi, everyone will definitely go to DS whenever there were rumours "DS makan ayam!!" or "DS makan best!!" but that kind of rumour seems not that necessary over here.), the teachers (very very dedicated and zealous) and everything. What else can we ask for more? Just be grateful and thankful and contribute yourself to the limit and mix around with everyone and this place comes just right on time.

I think I should stop here or else I'll be the hideous braggart ever alive. Heh.. Oooh, just want to mention here that I miss everyone especially Nazme =) hehe..Can't wait to see him next week. Till then. Do pray for me.

No comments: