Thursday, April 06, 2006

the undersized reality

People have been living by a phrase ‘What a small world’ since forever but do they actually know how small is small?

During my last semester break, I got a chance to meet a new friend. She is by coincidence Sarah’s good friend and we met each other during an outing to Mid. This young lady is very nice, very the polite one and her smiles always make me wonder of how wonderful her life might be. The best thing about her is she could make me laugh within 5 minutes on our first meeting. She did a really good job I tell you. Memang best la kawan dgn die. And it appears that she lives in Subang. Wow, Subang! Haha… Old memoriesssss..

Anyways, ever since, we do contact each other sometimes. Just for the sake of keep-in-touch stuff. And apparently, this friend of mine, Sarah actually has been talking to her about an old friend of mine, Max. So this lady actually knows quite a lot about me la. I don’t mind really. At least we have something to chat about every time we bumped into each other in msn. But she never asked me about Max and I did not know that she knows Max until today. Max lives in Subang jugak. Jiran satu lorong lagi tu. Hah! Nak tergelak pun ade jugak. And as of now I know how small and tiny the world can be. Am I surprised? Oh well…. Life is all about surprises init?

So she knows Max. The least expected thing I have ever wanted to hear from her. I don’t really care a toss with all those pathetic histories. Max was a major mistake ever happened on me but I don’t regret about it at all. Because I have my own standing and I don’t care what other people would say. I don’t mind getting pinned by him. I don’t give a damn about his thoughts. We’re practicing ‘freedom of speech and freedom of thought’ aren’t we? So, there should not be any problem.

But… as I have my own rights to speak this out, if I have ever had wishes to ask for; this is the last thing that could ever cross my mind. I wish I had never met Max. I wish I had never known him. And I wish I had never met this young lady. Seriously… But what else can I do? I can’t just ditch her just like that can I? She’s a nice girl really. But being reminded by all these nonsense is really down dragging. Nothing much I can do though. Perhaps I was too attached to the ‘Max’s life’ that makes me ending up filled with all the rage and hatred. It’s painful. Very. But options are not always there for me to choose so letting everything goes by their own pace is the best thing I can do. Life after all……… is full with surprises. And this is indeed a small world.

Life moves on without a word leaving you alone and restless
When the days begin to fade away and you find yourself thinking
Of all those memories you have somehow forgotten
All the friends you have left behind
And all those moments you never got to have
Then you start to realise that somehow
All those worries you once had are no longer there
That your life even though it wasn't how you planed it
Turned out just right that you would not want to change a thing
Even all the bad memories
Because in the end they made you who you are today
Kind of sad that it took all these years for you to figure out
And that one day you too will fade away
And become just another memory

No comments: